You’ll play an important part in meeting – and exceeding customer expectations and providing straight forward solutions to make places safe, smart and better for all including:
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and recognised formal training, attaining the relevant craft qualification
- Respond to daily appointments to ensure all repairs are carried out within target dates and times
- Respond to required emergency situations
- Assist in the annual gas servicing to gas appliances in accordance to manufacturers and Gas Industry Standards
- Assist with the installation and commission of domestic appliances in accordance with industry standards & manufacturers recommendations
- Accurate works order completion adhering to Gas Servicing Programme
- Assist in completing works in accordance with specification and gas safe regulations
- Completion of all relevant paperwork
- Ensure customer satisfaction and safety
- Participate in out of hour’s works, including overtime, call out etc. (if required)
- Work to operational procedures, safe working practices and H&S procedures
- Reporting of all accidents, near miss events or potential hazards
- Undertake all other maintenance works within remit
- Work flexibly with a diverse range of customers
- Follow any other reasonable request from management
There are a number of progression pathways within the Liberty Group.
Qualified Gas Engineer
Things can change so we may ask you to carry out other duties to make sure we continue to meet business and people needs. We’ll consult you first and always make sure any different duties are in line with your post and salary.
If you access commercially sensitive or personal information that may be covered by the Data Protection Act you must maintain confidentiality in line with our policies and procedures. Let your manager know if you aren’t clear about anything.
We are an inclusive and diverse business. To help us achieve our vision of improved lives we all live by four main values: passion, openness, respect and trust. You’ll need to familiarise yourself with and work within our equality and diversity and people management policies to help make sure we deliver excellent customer service.
You’ll play an important part in making sure we continue to maintain and even exceed customer expectations, performance and compliance standards. At the same time you’ll seek best value for money in every part of the job.
We have policies in place to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all staff and those we work with. We monitor and review these policies to help make sure we provide the right level of resources and training. You’ll need to understand your responsibilities for services and for each other and maintain quality standards.
You’ll need to carry out any personal development activities which will support you in your job and help you continually innovate and reach your full potential.
Applicants should have or be in the process of getting a driving licence.
We’re driven by intelligent thinking. To make sure we’re ready for the future you’ll:
- Assess, plan and requests the materials you need to carry out the job
- Use measuring equipment to make calculations where you need to
- Work from written and verbal instructions, including drawings, diagrams and sketches
- Experience of working with the public, demonstrating excellent customer service
- Caring and empathetic
- Analytical skills
- Ability to manage change
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to complete paperwork (including timesheets, servicing paperwork etc.) accurately and to a high standard
- Confident verbal and written communication skills
- Driven by achievement
The minimum entry requirement onto this apprenticeship is a 4/C in English and maths at GCSE.
- L3 Plumbing and Heating Apprenticeship with training to be provided by Crawley College
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required