Working as part of a team of 3 full time dedicated gardeners you will be responsible in maintaining the sites 80 acres of mature grounds. Covering all aspects of horticulture from our onsite yard, this site provides a great starting point for you to learn a career in Horticulture
Duties include all aspects of gardening including,
- Turf care
- Tree works
- Water feature maintenance
- Environmental and ecological improvement and management
Working in all weathers you will be keen to learn, able to work on your own or within a team
Possible progression onto higher apprenticeship training.
Enjoys working outside – sunshine or rain
- Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to meet the duties of the post
- Aptitude to communicate effectively with colleagues and members of the public
- Evidence of customer/client care skills
- A demonstrable ability to establish and sustain good working relationship within a team environment or the ability and initiative to work alone
- A real interest in working in a parks or landscape environment
- The ability to develop new skills in horticulture and a willingness to learn about plants and landscaping
Educational certificates to demonstrates a good standard of numeracy and English grammar.
- Level 2 Horticulture apprenticeship standard.
- Functional skills if required