BENNETT LANDSCAPES & MAINTENANCE LTD
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To work with all landscape based teams in delivering the maintenance programme to a high standard and within the given timescales. This includes tasks such as mowing, strimming, litter picking, shrub pruning, weeding and hedge cutting
- To ensure that all necessary paperwork is handed in on time and completed in a professional manner
- Complete all preoperational checks to machinery and vehicles in accordance with Bennett Landscapes & Maintenance Limited internal policy
- To ensure that punctuality and attendance are adhered to at all times for Bennett Landscapes & Maintenance Limited and also for Birmingham Metropolitan College
- Ensure that all PPE and corporate uniform is worn at all times
- To accompany a variety of teams in completing the cyclical and responsive work that is required across all our service areas
- Ensure that Bennetts landscape programme is kept to a high standard and completed within the given timeframe
- Promote and maintain a culture which places customers first and aims to deliver a high standard of service
- To undergo training, on a day release basis under the supervision of Birmingham Metropolitan College
Service specific activities:
- Maximise the standard within our Ornamental Teams, ensuring that our customers receive a seasonal and professional service all year round
Working conditions & environment:
- You will be required to work from other sites and places where your professional attendance is required
- You may be required to work evenings and weekends where necessary
- This job description outlines the main duties of the post but does not exclude other duties, which may be undertaken to ensure the efficient operation of the department. Other duties required will be consistent with those listed above and appropriate to the title and grade of the post
- All staff will be expected to demonstrate the key corporate values in the way they carry out their job
- To undertake your day-to-day activities in such a way as to support the companies Environmental Strategy, the key points of which are available in the staff Handbook (given on induction)
- To carry out all duties outlined above in accordance with all policies and procedures, in particular: Employee Code of Conduct, Customer Care Policy, Health & Safety Policies
Please take a note of the VAC reference number of the vacancy that you are interested in as you will be asked for this during your application.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you will need to attend an appointment with our College Curriculum team. On the next screen you will be asked to apply for the apprenticeship online. Once you have applied, you will be sent an email and a letter inviting you into the College to meet with the relevant curriculum team who will confirm that you are eligible for the apprenticeship.
If you have already applied and attended an appointment session at one of our colleges, please contact your Recruitment Advisor to discuss your interest in this specific vacancy. You do not need to apply again to the college.
The Apprenticeship Recruitment Team – BMet 0121 362 1121
Progression toward a permanent position for the right applicant.
As part of this apprenticeship, you will be required to travel to both the employer location (Witton) and also attend college (botanical gardens).
Please ensure that you have researched your travel arrangements and are happy with the time it will take and distance required to travel before you apply for this vacancy.
The successful candidate will need:
- To have excellent oral and communication skills
- To have very strong time management skills
- To be a team player but also able to work on own initiative as they develop
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to build positive relationships are also essential
- The successful candidate will need to be committed and driven, full of energy with a willingness to learn and work hard
- Problem solving with the ability to think laterally to resolve issues is also required
- The ability to create a welcoming and friendly atmosphere
- Capable of completing tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Minimum A-D/8-3 GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Functional skills level 2
Horticulture intermediate framework:
- A competence based qualification i.e. NVQ/QCF
- A knowledge based qualification i.e. Technical Certificate
- Key or Functional Skills (if required)
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.