Apprentice Garden Maintenance Landscape Operative - Intermediate (Level 2)
A H Crossley Landscapes
SHEFFIELD COLLEGE, THE
Reporting to the Owner:
Duties - with mentoring and developing experience will include:
- Load vehicle for daily visit schedule
- Clean and prepare tools and equipment
- Assist with preparation of motorised machinery
- Work on residential properties and liaise with colleagues and client to:
- Install Patios and Paving
- Install Fencing and carry out
- Fence Repairs
- Assist with Lawn Laying and Lawn Care
- Install and maintain Garden Walling
- Install and maintain Planting and Bedding
- Assist with Jet Washing
Successful candidate will be welcoming into sustained employment after the successful completion of the apprenticeship subject to strong commitment and skills base developed through hard work and passionate approach to the role.
Candidates should understand and appreciate the working environment in all seasons is invariably outdoors and in most cases in all weathers. You must have a developing passion for gardens, outdoors environments and be able to adapt to changing conditions You will also need to be available for pick up to travel in and around the Dronfield S18 postcode area.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Communication Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Literacy Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Manual Work Skills
- Passion for gardening, horticulture and the outdoors
- Good level of physical fitness - outdoor working, plenty of manual handling and lifting
- Good timekeeper
- Thirst for learning
- Enquiring Mind
- Ability to hold conversation - be discreet and professional with clients
- Pleasant and amiable disposition
- Good sense of humour
4 x GCSE Grade A*-D/9-3 or equivalent English Language and maths.
- Apprentice Standard Horticulture & Landscape Operative Level 2
The following qualifications will be required prior to taking the end point assessment.
- Emergency first aid: Level 3 award in emergency first aid at work
- Pesticides: Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Guidance OR Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides.
- English & maths: Apprentices without level 2 English and maths must achieve level 1 and take the test for level 2 before taking the end-point assessment.
College Campus attendance - Hillsborough S6 2ET - 1 day per week in term-time.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.