Apprentice Furniture Restorer - Intermediate (Level 2)
NORTH LANCS. TRAINING GROUP LIMITED(THE)
Applicant would be joining the conservation / restoration workshop of a studio involved in both the restoration of furniture and the making of contemporary furniture. Their role would be to learn the skills necessary for the restoration of furniture and become a productive member of the team.
Duties will include:
- Woodworking hand skills to a high level to allow the making of wooden components, mouldings etc.
- Veneer patching and re-veneering
- Taking apart, repairing components and reassembling chairs
- Colouring and polishing work and learning the different finishing techniques
- Wax polishing
- Being responsible for helping to keep the workshop clean and tidy
- Use of some machinery and hand power tools
All training would be given but the applicant would need to be able to work on tasks alone once instruction has been given and understand the commercial nature of the enterprise.
To continue onto full-time employment.
- Practical skills
- Good communication skills
- Keen interest in this type of work
No formal qualifications required.
Level 2 Furniture Manufacturer apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Work-based learning
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.