Responsibilities will include:
- Primarily assembly of general furniture - shop fitting, kitchen, bedroom etc.
- General machining skills needed and trained
- Operating and lifting materials into the set machines
- Using various machines, such as edge banding
- Upkeep of work area
Progression into full-time employment upon completion of this apprenticeship.
- Good practical skills
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Keen and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Work well as part of a team and on own initiative
No formal qualifications are required.
Level 2 Furniture Manufacturer apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Work-based learning