Apprentice Furniture Making Upholsterer – Ref 13190-1 - Intermediate (Level 2)
Next Distribution Centre
The North Lancs. Training Group
It's all about producing the right product to the right standard in the most efficient way. That's why, as well as looking for great skills and impressive experience, Next want people with energy, a positive attitude and a real commitment to helping exceed the expectations of customers all over the world.
The apprenticeship is an 18-24-month programme delivered mainly on site at Armthorpe, but some time spent at our Centre of Vocational Excellence, in Accrington.
Opened in 2016, the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility provides staff with a great working environment. As the success continues to grow, it’s an exciting time to join the Furniture Manufacturing division.
Next are looking for the next generation of dedicated upholsterers and furniture makers. they have a fast paced, team-based environment, producing some of Next’s most popular designs.
With great all year-round order stability, and their unique ‘plan by model’ production system, they give their teams the best opportunity to maximise their earnings. They source great quality fabrics, and you will gain experience in all areas of the operation with their own in-house foam/fibre and frame-making operations.
Do you have the ambition to be a part of the Next Furniture Making Apprenticeship?
Duties will include:
- Working with foam cutters
- Handling machinery on a daily basis
- Cutting templates for sofas, chairs, cushions etc.
- Helping with the upholstery of furniture
Upon completion of the apprenticeship you could progress into full-time employment.
In return Next can offer you:
- Above average Apprenticeship pay
- 40 Hours a week role across operational shifts and training time
- Transport from Armthorpe to attend college in Accrington
- Production based bonus to significantly enhance your pay based on outputs, following successful completion of your apprenticeship
- A Sliding scale of salary increases according to experience and progression through the apprenticeship ranging from £5 to £6.59 (average £5.96)
- A fantastic working environment in new facilities
- 1-2-1 coaching and development
- Flexible holidays
- Free parking
- Subsidised canteen
- 25% staff discount on all next products
- Up to 70% off at our staff shops
- Eligibility to join our Share save scheme
The company may wish to interview applicants before the closing date, resulting in the vacancy being filled before the given date.
- Must have good practical ability and a good knowledge of Health & Safety
- Potentially some experience of working as part of a close-knit fast paced production line
- Production or Craft based experience
- A driving license is desirable but not essential so that you can attend both the Armthorpe and Accrington Sites
- Keen and willing to learn
- Good attention to detail to be able to work to upholstery specifications
- You will be dextrous and strong to work in a fast-paced manual role
No formal qualifications required.
Level 2 Furniture Manufacturer apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Work-based learning
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.