What will the apprentice be doing?
Would you like the opportunity to work for one of West Yorkshire’s leading businesses?
Do you have the drive and passion to learn a niche skill and be mentored by a fabulous in-house design and manufacturing team, whilst undertaking your level 2 Furniture Assembler qualification?
Curtis Furniture Ltd are searching for a new generation of apprentice Furniture Assemblers.
Working in a fast-paced team you will be learning from the ground up to become a fully-fledged Furniture Assembler.
You will be working with excellent time served mentors and learning all aspects of the business to enable you to gain the confidence to be the best you can be!
You will be learning to:
- Develop your skills to create eye catching furniture, products and items using traditional and modern Assembly/Joinery techniques
- Using various hand tools and ancillary equipment
- Carry out various jointing methods for the various types of furniture
- Use clamps, cramps and pneumatic presses to assemble the furniture
- Learn various assembly methods based on using materials such as MDF, MFC, Veneer, Solid timber and Laminates
- Adhere to site Health and Safety rules
- Adhere to internal Quality Standards
This is a wonderful opportunity for a candidate who is practically minded, with excellent problem-solving skills. You will be physically fit as there will be some manual handling and most of all be keen to learn!
In return you will work in a fabulous environment for a company who are passionate about their staff with excellent opportunities for skill progression.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Furniture Manufacturer standard. Functional Skills in maths and English. Work based learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A great opportunity to develop your career with an employer who supports continuing professional development.
Reality CheckMonday - Thursday, start 7:30am finish 16:00pm, Friday 7:30am till 3:30pm, ½ hr lunch break, 37.5 hours per week
Skills RequiredTeam working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredOther Basic Maths (Grade n/a) Desired
Other Standard English (Grade n/a) Desired