Have your working week filled with football & player development whilst gaining life & professional skills for yourself too.
Assistant football coach role with potential to undertake training to become a head coach upon completion of the course. Work with & be supported by experienced football coaches across the North West & Yorkshire to gain knowledge & build up skills for a job you will love.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist Head Coaches with the delivery of sessions
- Assist with health and safety aspects of First Kick programmes
- Work positively in accordance with our Equal Opportunities Policy
- Carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required
Essential qualifications, skills, and abilities
- FA Coaching qualification (or willingness to work towards)
- DBS Certification (can be attained through First Kick)
- Available for evening work
- Outgoing, fun personality
- Confident working both individually and as part of a team
- Effective communication skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate about football coaching
Our ideal scenario & one that we have managed to be successful with in the past is that at the end of the apprenticeships course they are offered a job within the company. Either a full time, assistant coach or a head coach. There is a clear pathway within the company for coaching & progression into management & running of own venues.
Please note that:
- During the week all sessions run in the evenings
- During the weekend sessions are in the mornings
- During school holidays the majority of hours will be during the day
There is fuel compensation given if you are able to drive & are needed to make own way to a venue.
- Good communication
- A passion for football & coaching
- A willingness to learn & improve yourself
- Able to take on board advice & take it into your work
- To fully commit into the program & give 100% in all aspects
- English and maths GCSE Grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent)
- First Aid & Safeguarding certifications
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Other NGB coaching qualifications (or willingness to work towards)
Level 2 Community Activator Coach Standard.
Maths and English Functional Skills (if required).