The Windmill in Leamington Spa is a small family run pub, who serve real ales and home cooked food.
They are looking for an apprentice to join their small kitchen team, the head chef is a great teacher and is looking for a keen, hard worker to teach the trade, alongside this the successful candidate will be working towards gaining a Level 2 Food Production apprenticeship standard.
Duties will include:
- Ingredient preparation
- Cooking meals through various different cooking methods
- Plating up and presentation of food
- Taking instruction from senior chefs
- Cleaning and clearing down workstations
- Working in a safe manner at all times
- Portion control
Once the apprenticeship has finished, if you are the right person, we would be happy to keep you on the team.
- Good communication skills
- Good teamworking skills
- Great personality
- Not afraid to work hard
- Able to listen and take instructions
None required; however, English and maths will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)