Apprentice Fitness Instructor
Hinckley Leisure Centre
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
As an apprentice within the gym, you will develop your fitness skills and experience, you will be encouraged to participate in group fitness sessions and build up to running your own classes.
Applicants who can demonstrate their passion for health and fitness are welcome to apply. We will be employing a candidate with exceptional levels of communication skills. It is expected that you have the ability to work within the team, to be independent in your daily tasks and to use your initiative when it comes to club operations and member experience. At all times an apprentice will be expected to behave in a professional manner and a member of the team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Learning how to create personal exercise plans for members
- Demonstrating activities for members to follow
- Showing members how to use exercise machines and free weights correctly
- In line with health and safety supervise members to make sure they are exercising safely and effectively
- When on duty act as a point of contact for members dealing with any problems or concerns
- Complete health and safety checks as and when directed
- Be the point of contact for new members, taking them through the application process from start to finish including tours.
- General housekeeping duties in the club, making sure the club is kept to a clean and professional standard
- General administration duties including answering the telephone, e-mails, filing etc.
- Make sure that all members adhere to the club rules as per their agreement
- Maintain a high level of commitment to your studies and share your progress with the club Manager
- Take part in any promotional activity
This is a 12-15-month apprenticeship position working towards the level 2 in Fitness Instructing, you’ll be working 30 hours plus per week on a shift rota. The training is government funded and is provided by Lifetime Training.
- Potential to progress into full time employment upon completion of apprenticeship
- This apprenticeship will include working evenings and weekends
- The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
- Passion for fitness
- Excellent customer service and a desire to do well
- We are looking for individuals who express enthusiasm and passion for Fitness
- Dedication to complete qualification with a desire to progressing further is essential
- None required
- Exercise and Fitness Level 2 Apprenticeship Framework
- Functional Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.