The IT Service Centre is our front-line support for all customer service requests and IT Service Incidents raised by Hertfordshire County Council.
As our Apprentice:
- You’ll provide first point of contact service support via traditional service channels through chat, email and answering calls
- Dealing with queries from the wider business as a first line IT support and Incident management relating to IT related questions and issues
As part of the apprenticeship scheme we’ll provide you with Level 3 Infrastructure Technician qualification and Level 2 Functional skills in English and maths training (all delivered on site at Serco).
You’ll also have access to a treasure trove of development opportunities and enjoy the full training, support and encouragement of our super-friendly team.
Meaningful and vital work: You’ll provide efficient IT support to the wider business ensuring they can continuously provide vital public services with the support of our systems and technology
A world of opportunity: Our Apprenticeship Programmes encourage internal advancement and active support is given to all employees’ Continuous Professional Development
Great people: You’ll find yourself working with a variety of highly motivated, supportive, and experienced colleagues, where no two days are the same.
- It is essential that you are able to travel daily to County Hall to arrive on time for work
- You will be required to undergo security checks, which includes a check of criminal records. You will also be required obtain SC security clearance
- You will also need to complete an on-line initial assessment as part of the recruitment process. This will help us guide you to the most appropriate programme to meet your needs
- To be successful in this role you will need to be organised
- Able to plan and prioritise and be a real problem solver
- So as well as excellent IT skills you’ll be someone who is thorough and organised in your working approach and be comfortable in dealing with multiple tasks at once
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbally)
- Self-motivated, confident individual with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Committed team player is vital in keeping your internal customers happy
- You will be proactive and motivated to learn with a can-do attitude and committed to Serco’s Values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride
We use a variety of online tools and technology, so you’ll be happy working with MS Office applications and can easily turn your hand to online systems and tools.
Lastly, you’ll need to have between an A* and E in maths and English and have a strong interest in Information Technology.
Apprenticeship Qualification: Level 3 Infrastructure Technician.