What will the apprentice be doing?
You will work closely with colleagues across the college and university, suppliers, sponsors and customers in order to provide accurate + timely processing of various financial transactions, these include:
- Transaction data entry to core accounting and related systems
- Support for invoice generation and billing
- Support for managing supplier invoices and payments
- Handling and recording receipt of income
- Processing, monitoring and control of credit card PDQ payments
- Recharges to other colleges
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
• Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
• AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
The training will be at Abingdon and Witney College.
Training will be one day a week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The apprentice will have the choice to either continue straight onto Level 3, or take a rest from training either short or long-term. The employment will be permanent, and pay increase awarded for qualifications completed.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Willingness to learn
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 to 4 or A* to C) Essential