Hanley Castle High School have an exciting apprenticeship role for a Finance Assistant to join their professional team. This will be a varied and interesting role offering the perfect start to a promising career in finance, within a high school setting.
- Assisting with processing purchase orders and invoices on a weekly basis
- Scanning and filing of all invoices
- Dealing with supplier queries and assisting with monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Review of outstanding orders and associated queries
- Assisting with processing sales invoices, issuing statements and ensuring prompt payment in line with payment terms
- Assisting with weekly banking of cash / cheques and online payments
- Collecting and checking of trip payments, ensuring all monies received on time and monitoring costing against actuals and reporting back to trip leaders
- Processing staff expenses
- Produce reports for Heads of Department on actual costs against budget explaining variances and assisting with queries from budget holders on a monthly basis
- Assist with monthly management accounts and journals where needed
Good future job prospects upon successful completion of your apprenticeship. There may be the opportunity to progress on to your Level 3 AAT Apprenticeship course.
Term time only plus TED days DBS check will be required. You will need to travel to Heart of Worcestershire College Worcester campus as part of your Apprenticeship training as well as participating in online blended learning.
- Can work independently
- Asks for help when unsure
- Good IT skills
- Team player
- Good attention for detail
- Positive attitude
- Self motivated
- Has integrity
- Keen to learn
- Strong interest in finance
GCSE maths and English Grade C or Level 4 or above or equivalent qualifications
Accounts / Finance Assistant standard.