- Our Support Technicians look after service in the Field – this means working on-site with our diverse range of customers, from small local business right up to large FTSE 100 corporate organisations – no two days are the same! Some of our larger and complex customers have very specific needs from our teams and that’s what we’re here to serve
- You could be doing anything from provision or repair, hardware, software or infrastructure
- You will be working in the Field day-to-day and have direct exposure to our customers. Working on customer sites every day means you’ll need to be prepared to travel around, but that’s part of the fun
- You get to see our technology being used in lots of different, innovative ways, and you get to be part of it
- You will attend customer sites to help with installations where engineering support is required to set-up, install, and carry out non-complex and simple repairs
- You will also be able to confidently talk through ideas and problems a customer may have in connection to the BT portfolio
- You will make sure customer’s services and solutions are set up and optimised
- You will also make recommendations on new digital product and service solutions and may even sell them to the customer
This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology, but that doesn’t mean you have to be super technical – we’ll give you all the training you need to get you up and running to progress your career within the Field and beyond. Behaviour is more important to us, so if you have a proactive attitude and you love having great conversations, apply today!
- Ability to assimilate into a permanent role with the BT Group on completion of the apprenticeship
Are you willing to learn new skills quickly and have an impact on real life solutions?
- Bold decision maker
- Customer champion
- Inspiring communicator
- Solution focused
- Collaborative partner
- Change agent
- Commercial thinker
- Willingness to learn and be trained
- Ability to use own initiative to solve business problems
- You’ll need to achieve a minimum of five GCSEs at grades 4-9 (C or above) including English and maths. Equivalent qualifications are accepted
- You’ll also need a full driving license with no more than six points as this position is working in the field
- You will also need to be able to identify a range of colours
- Please note: All of our apprentice schemes are subject to eligibility criteria
As an Apprentice Field Support Technician, you’ll study for a Level 3 apprenticeship. In England, you’ll follow Information Communications Technician Level 3.
- Your apprenticeship scheme will last for 18 months.
- You’ll spend a minimum of 20% of your time learning and studying. You’ll need to complete one “study work” day a week.