- Working between the office base and customer sites across the UK
- Cabling and terminating, Data Cat5e, Cat6, CCTV and telephone.
- Supporting engineers with Voice and Data installations throughout a range of sites, from retail units to commercial office spaces
- Working across both new build sites and established buildings/spaces
- Assisting with the maintenance of Voice and Data networks and communication systems
- Undertake training and industry related courses leading to an NVQ qualification
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your career in IT. With a Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge to be able to move into a technical or curriculum-focused role. The opportunities are immense! We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has experience working with children / young people is desirable!
- Is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
- Has a true passion for technology
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- 12 training days with Tablet Academy (specialist technology curriculum partner)
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities module
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.