Over the course of your apprenticeship you will learn to use the following pieces of heavy equipment along with hand tools:
- Press Break
- Punch Press
- Corner Notcher
You will perfect manufacturing techniques including;
- TIG Welding
- Polishing and Finishing
There will also be some elements of CAD drawing brought into the later stages of the apprenticeship, giving individuals the opportunity to learn about the design and development process of products and also the use of the plasma cutter.
You will work with thin sheet stainless steel and stainless steel box section.
Other duties will include:
- Assembling equipment
- Going out on site
- Assisting with deliveries
- Installations of equipment
General duties include things like:
- Ensure a very good standard of housekeeping in respect to procedures of manufacture and installations, production drawings and manufactured items
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working environment
- Keeping the Workshop Manager aware of material stock levels
Once you have completed your apprenticeship you will be a Junior Fabricator Welder, following experience gained in that role you can then develop to a Senior Fabricator Welder and then onto any of the following roles: Workshop Manager, Site Supervisory and even transfer across to the drawing office if this is something that interests you.
Your role will be varied; you will not do the same things day in and day out as we will encourage you to be multi skilled. Your role may involve longer hours if we are doing an installation. You will be expected to do college work in your own time.
- Good communication – verbal and written
- Sense of humour
- Willing to work as part of a team but also alone using thinking and questioning skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Hard working
- Willing to learn new things
- Happy to muck in
- Positive outlook
- Conscientious - takes pride in what they do
Five GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C (9-4) or above, which must include maths, English and a Science subject, together with a real interest in technical matters.
Target Catering is very proud to be working with Gloucestershire Engineering Training as our apprentice training provider of choice for our apprenticeship development programmes.
Providing engineering companies across the county with the highest quality training in mechanical and electrical engineering, GET lead the way in quality of delivery, structure and disciplined learning, with a network of support for learners and employers that is second to none within the county.
During your apprenticeship you will complete an NVQ3, Technical Certificate, End Point Assessment, Functional skills in maths, English and ICT (If applicable)