A fantastic opportunity to begin a career as a Metal Fabricator working with a long established unique organisation. As part of the team the successful applicant will assist the fabrication team with the production of metal products that are then sold to clients across the World.
Day to day activities:
- Cutting steel to precise measurements
- Preparing steel for welding
- Welding finials and brackets (TIG and MIG)
- Grinding, filing and finishing brackets and finials to a high standard
- General metalworking workshop duties
We look to recruit all our staff for long periods. Team is everything to us.
Please bare in mind the physical nature of this role, you will be on your feet most of the day. This is an early start and lateness will not be tolerated. If you are not good at getting up in the mornings, then this is not a job for you. Please bare in mind the remote location of this opportunity you will likely need transport to get to and from work as well as the same for your College day release.
- Able to follow instructions
- Able to work independantly and part of a small team
- Good timekeeper
- A good work ethic
- A natural ability with practical jobs
- Able to get up in the mornings
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 9-3/A*-D or equivalent. Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
Level 2 General Welder Apprenticeship Standard.