- Working as part of a small, friendly team
- Cutting various fabrics using hand held cutters, cutting machines and scissors
- Lifting fabric rolls
- Keeping the cutting area clean and tidy
- Manufacturing soft furnishings
- Organising orders to ensure they are cut efficiently n a timely manner
- Stock control including booking stock in/out
- Preparing fabrics, drawing and cutting out sets of patterns for specified ranges
To progress on to full time employment.
The company may wish to interview applicants before the closing date, resulting in the vacancy being filled before the given date.
- Must have good practical ability and a good knowledge of Health and Safety
- Keen and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Work well as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Practical skills
- Adhere to health and safety regulations
No formal qualifications required.
- Intermediate level 2 Apprenticeship in Furniture Manufacturing, including NVQ and functional skills maths and English
- Work based learning