At Premier Foods Ltd you will be working towards a Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 18-months.
We LOVE food at Premier Foods. We love how it brings people together and provides moments of pleasure in a busy world. And so do our consumers. Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century, but we don’t let them stand still – we’re constantly innovating in line with our purpose to create the food the nation loves most for modern life. And today you’ll find our brands in 94% of British households.
A Great British food company.
As one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies we’re committed to the UK, employing over 4,000 dedicated colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country. Around 96% of what we sell is made in the UK from quality ingredients, wherever we can source sustainably from British suppliers and farmers.
In this role you will be part of the Expenses Team based in Premier Business Services in Manchester performing administration activities relating to expenses and payments for all colleagues at Premier Foods.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Checking and processing of UK & International expense claims in a timely manner
- Responding to colleague queries
- Downloading & maintaining accurate files for the Pay Settlement Agreement (PSA)
- Expenses & Fleet Audits
- Maintaining Expense Process Documentation
- Identifying areas of improvement
- Other ad-hoc duties
In addition to this you will have the opportunity to study towards a Level 3 apprenticeship in Business Administration. This work-based 18-month programme is designed to provide the essential knowledge, understanding, skills and experience required to operate effectively and successfully in an administration role.
Ongoing training and development.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
What we need from you:
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to manage high volume workloads to deadlines
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Proven experience of working to deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and Outlook
- Behavioural match to Premier Values
- A passion for learning with strong ambition to reach your full potential
- Be committed to complete the apprenticeship programme
- GCSE (or equivalent) in maths & English language at grade C/4 or above
- Business Administrator Level 3 Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills