What will the apprentice be doing?
- Administration of the Hollis Event Management System (Microsoft Dynamics 365)
- Diary management
- Arrange registration and representation for colleagues at industry and other property company events
- Making lunch and dinner reservations for fee earners and their clients
- Event research (venues, suppliers, new event ideas)
- Preparing event materials such as attendee lists, signage, place cards and any other event related materials as required
- Exporting mailing lists/reports from the CRM (Microsoft Dynamics 365) for the team
- Maintaining and updating various trackers such as industry events and renewal dates for professional memberships held by Hollis
- Updating web content including the public event page and staff intranet
- Coordinating and organising all Event/Business Development stock including monitoring stock levels and re-ordering as required
- Processing payments
- Assist the Events Team in delivering Hollis client facing events
- Assist the Events Team in delivering staff events such as the Hollis Summer Training Day and Winter Parties
- Represent Hollis at external events (a degree of travel will be expected)
- Influence colleagues to undertake good marketing and sales practice
- Undertaking other responsibilities to achieve the delivery of the Business Development plan as required including areas such as brand management, promotional material and database management
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will undertake a Level 3 qualification in Event Management. Training will be delivered both in person and online, one day per week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Apprentices are employed on a full time permanent basis. Once the apprenticeship has finished, they will have the opportunity to develop within the team and work their way through our promotion our operating levels, all the way to Director level should they wish.
Reality CheckThe role will include attending events, so travel throughout the UK will be required.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential