What will the apprentice be doing?
Candidates will be introduced to auditing and assurance requirements along with safe systems of work in accordance with:
- legislative requirements
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulation 2015
- compliance to industry standards such as ISO 9001, 14001 45001
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
In addition to the Level 3 SHE Technician Apprenticeship you will receive upon completion, the candidate should aspire to also achieve one or more of the following qualifications:
- IOSH General Certificate
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) – Apprentice Level
- Mental Health First Aider (MHFA)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship the candidate should aspire to complete the following formal qualifications:
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) – Academically Qualified Person or Experienced Technician, Supervisor or Manager
- NVQ Level 6 Occupational Health and Safety Diploma (Degree Level)
- Chartered Membership of IOSH (CMIOSH)
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredA Level or equivalent Maths, English and a Science (Grade 5-9) Desired