BlackBerry office based:
- Participate in technical training at BlackBerry, with a focus on BlackBerry, Cylance Endpoint Security products, Networks and Windows Server.
- Develop soft skills through shadowing existing team members and coaching & mentoring.
Classroom and Computer based Training:
- Spend time studying the modules relevant to the Level 3 Digital Service Technician Qualification and your work at BlackBerry.
Using your combination of both experiences, you will then:
- Progress from initially working with customers through email to handling live customer calls, taking ownership of cases end to end and bringing resolution to customer issues.
- Collect information and performing troubleshooting of BlackBerry Unified Endpoint Manager, Cylance, iOS®, Android™, Windows®10 and Mac OS® X
- Identify and document potential software defects
- Prepare escalations to Software Development, managing escalations that are waiting on Software Development to ensure traction and movement is occurring
- Participate in beta tests of new BlackBerry software, early testing of new product offerings, version releases and service packs
We have made several apprentices permanent members of the team however we are unable to guarantee permanent employment at the end of the apprenticeship.
- A strong interest in IT and enterprise solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to learn and the ability to pick up new concepts quickly
- The ability to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic environment
GCSE’s (English and Maths)
Standard – https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/digital-support-technician/
Assessment Plan – https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/media/2909/st0120_digital-support-technician_ap_for-publishing_050419.pdf
Appropriate Learner Roles/Activities
- Be part of a team responsible for the smooth running of at least one computer-based system
- Deal with support/maintenance requests
- Have opportunities to communicate and collaborate with a range of stakeholders as individuals or in small groups
- Be involved in the rolling out, updating or taking down of at least one computer system
- Have opportunities to work on other systems ie CRM, Finance, Accounting, MI and Learning.
How Ginger Nut Deliver
The Digital Support Technician is a 19 month course and teaches learners how to support users of software and digital solutions through a variety of channels. There are two main options available:
- A Digital Applications Technician – offering support to internal users
- A Digital Service Technician – supporting external clients and users
Digital Support Technician delivery is based around face to face visits, webinars and online learning including video resources.
Current delivery plans are based on a combination of online classroom sessions and one-to-one training delivery. We are delivering to additional qualifications alongside the standard:
- Cisco Cyber Security Essentials – 4 modules of 7.5 hours work and 1.5 hours classroom training
- Cisco IT Essentials – 16 modules of 2.5 hours works and 2 hours classroom training
These cover the core knowledge and are completed over the first year, with one-to-one support on skills and behaviours around them. The last 3 months of the practical period is focussed on portfolios and end point readiness.
Project Activity and Portfolio Building
Throughout the apprenticeship learner will produce portfolio to show evidence of all knowledge, skills and behaviours and how they have been used in their role.
Gateway and End Point Assessment
The end point assessment is based on a series of 4 knowledge exams over 5 days and a presentation and interview based on a synoptic project that the learner has 20 hours to complete.