What will the apprentice be doing?
- We are inviting applications from potential Apprentice Engineering Operatives interested in how machinery works, how it is maintained and are keen to learn from experienced qualified Engineers in Ulster Yarns
- We anticipate the offer of Full-time employment on successful completion of the Apprenticeship Programme
- To train on how to repair and maintain machinery including blending machines, carding machines, spinning frames and yarn twisting machines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The succesful candidate will work towards a Level 2 in Engineering
- Diploma in engineering operations (skills) Level 2
- Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge) Level 2
Apprentices without Level 1 (or equivalent) in English and maths must ensure that apprentices achieve Level 1 and take the test for Level 2 prior to taking the end-point assessment.
For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement the apprenticeships English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3 and British Sign Language qualification are an alternative to English qualifications for whom this is their primary language.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To Progress to L3 Qualification
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Patience, work under pressure
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C/4 or Above) Desired