This role will be in our service department.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Identifying and booking in tools
- Carrying out repair, service and callibration work
- Keeping records of tools booked in and logging them onto our system
- Laising with members of staff regarding progress and any faults or issues with tools
- Keeping spare parts stocked correctly and learning which parts are used for particular tools
This role could eventually turn into a full time engineering job.
There is the opportunity to progress into full time employment.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Numerical reasoning
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Achieving key training objectives
- Effective time management skills
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Keen to learn
- Excellent timekeeper
- Works well as part of a team as well as on your initiative
Minimum 4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or equivalent, including mathematics, English and a Science.
Engineering Technician Level 3:
- Level 2 Diploma Foundation Competence Qualification
- Level 3 Diploma Development Competence Qualification
- Level 3 Diploma Development Technical Knowledge Qualification
- A Mechatronics Maintenance Technician Engineering Level 3 Qualification Graded at: Pass, Merit or Distinction
Attendance at college will be required.