An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Engineer to join the well-established team at Kirton Engineering. The role will focus on both electrical and mechanical engineering with a view to further development including working on control panels and using CAD systems as you progress further with your apprenticeship.
The company are looking for a candidate to become an integral part of the team and once qualified, you could progress to working off-site, focusing on PVC pipe fitting and mechanical engineering. The ideal candidate will show enthusiasm for the role and be willing to learn new skills. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a company with a proven track record of employee longevity.
The apprentice will be expected to:
- Observe and follow the health and safety protocols of Kirton Engineering
- Work well in a team environment
- Show an enthusiastic attitude to working and learning
- Be punctual at all times
- Have an interest in electrical and mechanical engineering
- Show an interest in career progression, possibly to service engineer
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Drilling and cutting
- Interpreting the CAD drawings
- Being responsible for your own daily activities
- Prioritising tasks and workload
- Develop a good working relationship with both external and internal customers
The opportunity to secure permanent employment for the right applicant with the option of working remotely and progressing to service engineer
- The candidate will be expected to make their own travel arrangements to work and college
- As an apprentice you can apply for a NUS Apprentice extra card which can be used at hundreds of high street and online brands. https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
- Good attention to detail
- Hard working and adaptable
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Able to listen and follow instructions
- Able to undertake manual handling tasks
- Good time keeper
- Able to co-operate with others as part of a team
- Good work ethic
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent). (If you do not already meet these criteria, we will ask you to sit initial assessments to indicate which level you are currently working at).
Intermediate Engineering Operative Standard.
- Block release to our Stephenson campus, Coalville. (Part of the SMB Group)
- Functional skills if necessary
- On-the-job training
- Off-the-job training