What will the apprentice be doing?
- Opportunity to become a Qualified Lift Engineer- NVQ3 Qualification
- Excellent salary and many other benefits
- Apprentice events and awards ceremonies
- The opportunity to work as part of world’s leading lift & escalator manufacturer, with high profile, prestigious customers
- A culture which encourages collaboration, empowerment, diversity and imagination
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be required to complete Off the job training:
•At local Further Education College - Day Release
•Performing Engineering Operations (PEO) Skills Units x 3, practical and hand skills
•BTEC Technical Certificate Electrical/ Electronic Skills
•Industry specific Distance Learning Modules
• Residential Block Release. Primarily via block attendance at Otis Leicester technical training centre
On the job training:
•In the workplace with experienced Otis engineers
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As an Apprentice Engineer, you will be fully supported in undertaking a range of on-the-job and classroom based learning to become a Qualified Lift and Escalator Engineer. Otis will provide you with a solid foundation for a rewarding and lasting career. We believe that everyone working here has the potential to progress and you will be supported by our big commitment to your ongoing training and further development. Once you have qualified, you will be able to apply for a variety of roles within Otis.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent STEM (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Essential