What will the apprentice be doing?
- Promptly attend machinery breakdowns/malfunctions
- Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule
- Aid the site in maximising yields, quality, and profit
- Ensure all equipment is always in good safe working order
- Opportunity to be involved in continuous identification of new product concepts, varieties and new systems/refinement
- Involvement in improvement projects, aiding in the design, manufacture, and validation of equipment.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Technician. Day release to College, workplace assessments, exams and final End Point Assessment in order to achieve the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours as set out in the specification for the Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further progression with more learning within the business.
Reality CheckApprenticeships available: 2 x Hasse Workshop- Soham; 1 x Littleport Mushroom Farm- Littleport; 1 x Hainey Farm, Barway- Ely;
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade minimum of 4 or grade C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade minimum of 4 or grade C) Essential