At Warburtons we are proud to have some of the most innovative, modern and automated technology that the food manufacturing industry has to offer. As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Our 4-year Engineering Apprenticeship Programme will give YOU the development and skills you need for us to shape our future together.
Family and values is what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
Our Apprenticeship provides the knowledge, skills and experience needed for the role of a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer. You'll be working with plant maintenance, highly-automated control systems, mechanical, electrical and production systems along with learning all about food and safety legislation.
Engineer your future with Warburtons and you will be offered:
- A structured 4-year Apprenticeship Programme with a view to a permanent position with our family
- Continued learning and development through a mixture of college study and on the job training with your own personal Warburtons mentor
- Working and studying alongside fellow Apprentices and as part of a wider team
- An apprenticeship that equips you to become a multi-skilled maintenance engineer
- A varied programme that involves, electrical, mechanical and maintenance engineering
- Learning to fault find and fix mechanical and electrical components of the plant equipment and making and suggesting improvements
At the end of your Apprenticeship you'll have achieved your Level 3 qualification in Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineering ready for you to go into a permanent role with us. This route is just the start of your career and can open the door to many more opportunities, such as Engineering Management and Project Engineering positions at site or involved with continuous improvement projects in head office.
So if you're interested in gaining a career in engineering and you would love to work within a fast-paced innovative family business that puts our people at the heart of it, then your journey starts here.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a copy of your CV, make sure you fill in as much information as you can to give yourself the best chance of standing out from the crowd!
Successful candidates will be invited to attend one of our selection events held throughout February 2021. Our new apprentices will be expected to be joining our family in September 2021.
At the end of your Apprenticeship you'll have achieved your Level 3 qualification in Multi-skilled Maintenance engineering ready for you to go into a permanent role with us. This route is just the start of your career and can open the door to many more opportunities, such as Engineering Management and Project Engineering positions at site or involved with continuous improvement projects in head office.
The first year of training will be full time study (42 weeks) with our approved Training Provider, Midland Group Training Services, in either Coventry (CV1 2JG) or Redditch (B98 8NN).
- £16,000 starting salary rising each year through to year 4 at £25,000 per annum
- 25 days paid holiday a year
- Annual profit bonus
- Gym membership discounts
- Discounted retail vouchers, online shopping offers and discounted Warburtons products
To join our Apprenticeship programmes you'll need the following:
- You will be 17 years or over by September 2021 due to the residential requirement of the first year of study
- You'll have excellent analytical skills and enjoy problem solving with a logical and structured approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion, drive and commitment to complete a 4-year apprenticeship
- A genuine interest in engineering
- Expected to achieve 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including English, Maths and a Science or ICT at grades C or level 4 and above
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence).
- Level 2 Award for Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge).
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)