The apprentice will shadow a lead engineer learning how to do a specialised job through on-the-job training.
This role involves tasks such as adhering to workplace procedures, following health and safety guidance, updating training records, shadowing and working with Lead Engineers on various sites, general maintenance or installation of escalators, including fault finding, dealing efficiently and effectively with customers and completing tasks to gain a qualification.
Progression to fully qualified engineer.
This role will include travel in and around the London area.
This is a physically demanding role.
- Good communication skills
- Good time keeping and attendance
- Willing to learn new skills
- Hard working
- Highly motivated
Must hold or expect to achieve 3 x GCSEs A*-C (9-4) grades including Maths, English, Science (or equivalent).
Onsite training will be provided by the lead engineer.
- Competency Qualification L3 NVQ Extended Diploma in either Engineering Maintenance (Lift & Escalator Repair & Service) or Installation & Commissioning (Traction Lift Installation or Escalator Installation and Commissioning). Work Based Assessments for duration of apprenticeship to achieve this
- L2 PEO units will also be work based assessed
- Knowledge Qualification (i.e. BTEC L3 Diploma in Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering) at college for first 1-2 years attendance 1-2 days/per week
- Functional Skills (English, Maths, L2) if applicable
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.