Linfield Precision Engineering Limited
We are pleased to present you with a fantastic opportunity to start your engineering career with an innovative manufacturer of precision parts, using state of the art machinery. The right candidate will have the opportunity to earn a fantastic wage and be supported through further training and development.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Identifying materials (usually provided)
- Identifying most suitable method of manufacture (always discussed as a team)
- Loading program and setting tools (ideally candidate will be encouraged to write their own programs with assistance/supervising initially with long term self-motivated approach)
- Manufacture of parts (paying particular attention to the tolerances on the supplied drawings adjusting machine parameters to ensure components meet the tolerances)
- Inspection parts as they are manufactured (using micrometres, Vernier callipers, height gauges, thread gauges and pin gauges and other methods)
- Following in house procedures (ISO9001 certified set procedures that must be followed)
- Cleaning finished components ready for final inspection
- Maintaining machines (ensuring they are kept clean)
- Safe removal of waste materials
- General cleanliness
- Dealing directly with customers
We will always assist the right Candidate as its our vision to always train in the workplace. Every day brings new challenges and the employee should always get as much benefit as the employer. There is no limit to training .If you are capable we will assist in making sure you can reach your own goals as we as meeting our own.
We are located 1min from billingshurst train station. You will be expected to arrive via your own methods. (train or personal car) If your car breaks down you must come buy train or bus.
Must have an interest in mechanical engineering. Must be mechanically minded, A good understanding of maths and data entry skills including axis understanding, coordinates, sign convention, trigonometry, volumes areas ...All basic math skills.
Friendly, polite and good time keeping essential. We start and end at a set time every day. Lateness and lack of time keeping will result in pay reduction!
Maths, Science and technology based GSCEs are essential. Ideally a level 1 or higher in engineering with some basic skills gained (this level of understating will have a direct impact on stating salary).
Apprenticeship Title: Improving Operational Performance Pathway (1)
Title: Performing Engineering Operations Optional
Unit choices: Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Machine tools, Maintenance, Production, Technical, Welding
Fabrication Qualifications: The programme requires candidates to work towards a framework of qualifications, as follows:
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations Level 2 City and Guilds Diploma in Engineering Level 1 Functional Skills in maths Level 1 Functional Skills in English Level 2 Functional Skills in maths Level 2 Functional Skills in English Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free