This role will be undertaken at our workshop, designated construction sites or active utility sites involved in water or waste treatment. Site work could be anywhere within the UK with 90% of works in East Anglia.
Working on site under the supervision and guidance of other electricians or the site supervisor. You will complete the following:
- Installing cable containment
- Installing cables
- Installing electrical equipment
As an apprentice you will start with easy tasks, as experience and training progresses you will have more responsibly and expected to be able to work on your own initiative.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship you will move to become an Electrical improver and then Electrician. Further training is available for those who prove themselves capably and the desire to continue development of their skills / knowledge.
This role will involve a lot of working outdoors in all weathers. There will be work within hazardous areas and working at height or within confined spaces. There will an element of travel and staying away when working on sites further away.
- Ability to listen and learn
- Confidence to ask questions in order to learn about what and why you are being asked to do.
- Ability to retain knowledge
- Hard working
- Attention to detail
- GCSE, or equivalents, maths, science & English grade C / 4 or above
- GSCE, or equivalents, e.g. design and technology or resistance materials etc.
- Level 3 Installation Electrician/Maintenance Electrician Qualification
- Functional skills if needed