Duties will include:
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoors and outdoors) and at mealtimes
- Assist with the delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework
- Take part in delivering the highest standard of care through the nursery
- Demonstrate a commitment to understand how children develop
To progress onto the Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship upon completion.
Benefits will include:
- All positions are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory references
- Discounted childcare
- Free Uniform
- In-house training for Continuous Professional Development
- Annual Staff Awards Dinner and Christmas Party
- Employee of the Month Scheme
- Annual Staff Summer Outing
- Nursery Welfare incentives to fund team building events
- 20 plus statutory bank holidays and additional day of for birthday
- Good communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Commitment to complete work set within deadlines and complete your apprenticeship
- Passion and commitment for working with children
- Able to adapt to change
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferred but not essential.
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Footsteps Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship programme, delivered through Footsteps Nurseries dedicated training provider, Realise.