Duties will include:
- To assist Early Years Practitioner’s and Senior staff in the implementation of Early Years outcomes within the setting
- To assist in providing high quality childcare and education for all the children
- To assist in providing a safe environment by being aware, at all times, of the dangers and appropriate preventative measures
- To implement systems of observation and record keeping and assessments
- To liaise closely with parents/carers informing them about the nursery curriculum, exchange information about the child’s progress and encourage parental involvement
- Whilst working towards your qualification, to keep and ensure all targets are met and up to date as set by your assessor
- To ensure that a good example is set at all times in the way that the children are spoken to and the words that are used and that the pronunciation is correct
The pay for this Apprenticeship is £4.15 an hour, which equates to £166 per week.
This Apprenticeship is seen as your first step into a career with Honey Pot Day Nursery.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- To maintain confidentiality at all times!
- To show willingness to learn, work using own initiative and in a professional manner
- To have a positive attitude towards working in a childcare environment
- To behave in a professional manner at all times, even when outside of working hours as you are always representing the nursery
Apply now if you think you have the ability:
- To show a passion for child development and your role in ensuring the children are supported to meet their milestones
- To show a genuine interest in having an impact on children’s holistic development
- To have an interest and a passion for your work and being proactive in completing your apprenticeship
- To be respectful of staff, children and parents religions, cultural beliefs, sexual orientation, race and lifestyle choices
- To promote inclusive practice within the setting
- To celebrate diversity within setting
- To challenge discrimination of any kind or report such incident’s to the nursery manager
- No actual qualifications are required if working towards Level 2
- Experience of working with children under aged five is preferred
- Grade A-C/8-4 (or equivalent) in English and maths at GCSE level is preferred
Level 2 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard which includes:
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Honey Pot Day Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day
If successful, you will complete an Early Years Educator apprenticeship programme delivered through Honey Pot Day Nursery's dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.