The main duty within this role is to promote the physical, social, and emotional development of each child within your remit and contribute towards their care and supervision.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Meeting and greeting parents and children at the nursery
- Working as part of a team in a busy, supportive day nursery
- Making sure all children are safe and treated equally
- Supporting and interacting in good quality activity opportunities with the children e.g. reading, numeracy, literacy activities
- Communicate with parents/families to help to encourage the childs development
- Ensuring good standards of safety, hygiene, and cleanliness are always maintained
- Assisting at snack and mealtimes
- Taking part in outdoor play with the children
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme you may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company.
This could include;
- The opportunity of a permanent position within the business
- The opportunity to progress on to a higher apprenticeship programme with Interserve Learning & Employment
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Patience. - Children can be testing at times, so being patient, and giving the children the chance to learn is extremely important!
- Ability to work in a team - We are a small team here, and have a number of children to look after, so good communication with one another is vital!
- Wanting to have a long term career within the industry - If you are open to continuing your career in Childcare with us, we would love to give you all the tools to be the best you can possible be!
- It Literate - There may be a need to assist with admin work
- Good time keeping
- Positive and a motivation to be happy in the day to day role
- Caring nature
- Strong work ethic
- It takes a big heart to shape little minds
GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 in English and maths desirable, but not essential.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. 79281 Childcare will provide you with all the on-the-job training you need to upskill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete the Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship programme delivered through 79281 Childcare's dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.