Roles and responsibilities include:
- Interacting and including children with activities, and learning
- Complying with regulations
- Preparing snacks
- Teaching children on a one to one basis
- Working within small groups and working as part of a team
- Meeting and greeting parents and children at the nursery
- Making sure all children are safe and treated equally
From small beginnings come great things.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme you may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company.
This could include:
- The opportunity of a permanent position within the business
- The option of moving into other roles within the Nursery
- Patience - Children can be testing at times, so being patient, and giving the children the chance to learn is extremely important!
- Ability to work in a team - We are a small team here, and have a number of children to look after, so good communication with one another is vital!
- Wanting to have a long term career within the industry - If you are open to continuing your career in Childcare with us, we would love to give you all the tools to be the best you can possible be!
- IT skills - Due to the nature of classrooms and nurseries, technology is at the forefront of them
- Good time keeping
- Positive and a motivation to be happy in the day to day role
- Caring nature
- Strong work ethic
Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths is preferred, but not essential.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Mountford House Nursery will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete an Intermediate Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship programme delivered through Mountford House Nursery's dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning and Employment.