Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To help ensure that the children have a safe environment in which to play and learn
- To develop partnerships with parents/carers
- To help in the preparation of healthy snacks and meals
- To be responsible for and take ownership of reasonable tasks delegated by the childminder
- To provide a stimulating educational environment at all times
- To complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship
- To deliver and appropriate play based EYFS curriculum to aid each individual’s progress
- To help ensure Ofsted requirements are met at all times
- To understand and work to policies in place and encourage parents/carers to do the same
Progression onto further learning with Interserve Learning and Employment.
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Caring and good at relating to children
- Calm and efficient in emergencies
- Energetic and creative
- Good at juggling competing demands for attention
- Open-minded about different ways of bringing up children
- A good negotiator
- Able to keep a daily record
- Good communication skills with children and parents
- Keeping confidentiality
- Knowledge of safeguarding (will be included in training)
- Social and confident
- Use own intuitive
- Willing to learn
- Most importantly someone fun
No entry requirements.
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Dino Childminder will provide you with all the on-the-job training you need to upskill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete the Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship programme delivered through Dino Childminder's dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.