- To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years
- To ensure that the nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others
- To developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Deputy Nursery Manager/Nursery Manager/team Leader
- To complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship in scheduled timescales
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- To help ensure the nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times
- To understand and work to nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To look for teachable moments and offer activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- To be a key person
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement
- To work in partnership with senior management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the nursery aims and objectives
- To demonstrate an ability to reflect on own practices and develop skills to promote own learning in the future
Permanent employment and progression on to Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Passionate about going into the childcare industry
- Hard working
GCSE's passes are preferred but not essential as Functional Skills in Maths and English will be completed.
PARAGON SKILLS have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Learning and Development Coaches will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard.
Paragon will provide the training for this apprenticeship within your company’s site therefore there is no need for you to attend an outside training facility at any time.
On completion of this apprenticeship you will receive:
- Diploma Level 2 in Early Years
- Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT Employment (if required)
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills