Responsibilities will include:
- To assist nursery staff in caring and educating children
- Read stories
- Deliver activities
- Assist over mealtimes
- Support personal hygiene by washing hands
- Toilet and nappy change children
- Cleaning duties to ensure the children’s environment is safe and hygienic at all times e.g., tidying up, picking up toys, hoovering, mopping, cleaning toys, wiping tables and surfaces etc.
To progress within the nursery school and support within the community upon completion.
Opportunity to work term-time only is available.
A DBS check is required.
- Good communication skills
- Some childcare experience is essential
- Being able to use initiative/ pro active
- Interested in working with young children
- Work as part of a team
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Hampden Way Nursery School will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship programme, delivered through Hampden Way Nursery School's dedicated training provider, Realise.