- To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-11 years
- To ensure that the preschool nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others
- To developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- To help ensure we meet Ofsted requirements at all times
- To understand and work to preschool nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
- To be a key worker alongside the key person
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments, incident forms, daily logs etc
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement
- To work in partnership with management to update and review the self-evaluation and improvement plan
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with Shining Stars Children’s Services aims and objectives
Hours are Monday to Friday 7am - 4pm
Progression onto Level 3 Early Years qualification and potential Full-Time employment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with children and parents
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
- Excellent organisational skills
- Administrative and basic IT skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to perform under stress
- Able to follow instructions
- Calm and caring nature
- Good sense of humour
- Commitment to quality in al areas
- Must have English and maths GCSE Grade C/4 or above.
- MUST HAVE FULL DRIVING LICENCE AND CAR.
- Knowledge of the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage)
PARAGON SKILLS have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Learning and Development Coaches will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard.
Paragon will provide the training for this apprenticeship within your company’s site therefore there is no need for you to attend an outside training facility at any time.
On completion of this apprenticeship you will receive:
- Diploma Level 3 in Childcare
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT Employment (if required)
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
Excellent understanding of the need for high quality customer service.
GCSE's passes are preferred but not essential as Functional Skills in maths and English will be completed.