Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interest of your key children in conjunction with other team members
- To follow the nursery safeguarding procedure to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure
- Support all team members and engage in developing an excellent working environment
- Liaise with and work closely with parents/carers to deliver an individual learning and development journey for your key children
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Help where needed, to include the undertaking of cleaning equipment and preparing snacks etc as designated by the Nursery Managers or the Senior Childcare Practitioner
- Record accidents/incidents according to the policies and procedures
- To promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to parents, staff and visitors
- To adhere to and understand the legal requirements of Early Years Foundation Stage
- To implement the Childcare planning according to the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history
This Apprenticeship is seen as your first step into a career with Evolution Childcare.
- Time management – it’s important to keep to schedule, especially when it comes to drop off, pick up and nap times
- Motivation – working with young children can be challenging at times, you need to be passionate about this being your career path
- Commitment to continued professional development – in order to work in Childcare, you must be qualified. There are a number of qualifications and training courses that could be offered to you as part of your development needs
- Strong communication skills – it’s important that people working in a nursery are frequently talking to each other to ensure the safety and comfort of the children
- Approachable – some of the children may need extra help with activities or learning how to make friends, so it’s important that they feel comfortable to come to you
- Reliable – consistency is key with children, so it’s important you are seen as that secure, dependable figure
- Confident – some of our children have behavioural or emotional conditions, it is important that confidence in supporting them is evident
- Fun – we want the children to look forward to coming into our nursery and for the parents to know that their children are going to be happy, so having fun is a must
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 2 NVQ in Early Years / Childcare (or equivalent).
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Evolution Childcare will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete an Early Years Educator apprenticeship programme delivered through Evolution Childcare's dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.