As an Apprentice you will be trained to undertake the same responsibilities as an Early Years Practitioner (Nursery Nurse).
- You will work as part of a team planning, monitoring and evaluating activities for children from birth to approximately five years of age
- You will be responsible for the care and education of the children in the room within a key person structure
- Ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of the children in the room at all times is essential
- You will work to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) standard
- To support qualified staff with daily routines in the nursery
- To learn the skills of a nursery nurse, (on the job), working practically as part of the team
- To learn how to provide high quality childcare to our children
- Understand the importance of keeping everyone safe and the part you play
- To never be left unsupervised with the children
- To gain a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children
- To contribute/complete children’s observations and records when required
- create consistency
- To build positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internal/external professionals
Ongoing training and learning.
You do not need any previous experience to apply to work as an apprentice!
Because of the nature of this job it will be necessary for an enhanced criminal record disclosure to be undertaken.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are required to share this commitment.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
- Team working skills
- Good communication
- You must be enthusiastic
- You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry
- Dedicated to working towards your Apprenticeship
You need to have at least a C/4 Grade in GCSE math's and English or equivalents.
- Early Years Educator Level 3
- Functional skills in maths, English & IT