At Mama Bears, you will be working towards a Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months!
As an Apprentice you will be trained to undertake the same responsibilities as an Early Years Practitioner (Nursery Nurse).
- You will work as part of a team planning, monitoring and evaluating activities for children from birth to approximately five years of age
- You will be responsible for the care and education of the children in the room within a key person structure
- Ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of the children in the room at all times is essential
- You will work to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework
- To support qualified staff with daily routines in the nursery
- To learn the skills of a nursery nurse, (on the job), working practically as part of the team
- To learn how to provide high quality childcare to our children
- Understand the importance of keeping everyone safe and the part you play
- To never be left unsupervised with the children
- To gain a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children
- To contribute/complete children's observations and records when required
- To build positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internal/external professionals
Mama Bears Nursery are holding a recruitment event in April! Please apply below to be considered for the role.
Ongoing training and learning.
From the 1st April 2021, Mama Bears wages for Apprentices will increase to 7.50 per hour! You do not need any previous experience to apply to work as an apprentice!
Because of the nature of this job it will be necessary for an enhanced criminal record disclosure to be undertaken.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are required to share this commitment.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- You must be enthusiastic and able to work well in a team
- You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your Apprenticeship
You need to have at least a grade C/4 Grade in GCSE (or equivalent) math's and English.
- Early Years Educator Level 3
- Functional skills in maths, English & IT