What will the apprentice be doing?
- Carry out 2D and 3D drawings
- Ensure drawings are dimensionally correct, technically robust and are buildable
- Ensure risks identified are communicated effectively
- Ensure all CAD work is carried out in compliance
- Help develop BIM tools and processes
- Adapt to clients’ drawing/document management protocols
- Build relationships with customers to ensure that there is a clear understanding of their requirements
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will study for and be expected to pass the Engineering design and draughtsperson Level 3 Apprenticeship.
We will support you through your formal apprentice qualification in addition you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. There are a mix of development events and activities, plus in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year!
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty, including the option to move onto the next level of your apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 x GCSEs inc. Maths and English (Grade 4/ C or above) Essential