Duties include, but are not limited to:
- provide care in accordance with best practice and legislative requirements, reflecting policies and procedures
- and agreed standards under the direction of the Senior Carer.
- To support and enable Service Users to maintain skills and personal interests whilst delivering person-centred care unique to each individual
- To maintain skills at a current level, undertake such training and development as required from time-to-time
- Ensure Service Users are at the heart of care delivery and their wishes and preferences enhance their well being
- To contribute to the efficient running of the service
- Support Service Users to maintain their relationships and connections with the local community.
- Ensure Care Plans and other information about how to support Service Users are followed
- Be responsible for informing the Senior Carer of any changes in the needs of Service Users.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of those individuals they support within the organisation
- Work in cooperation with members of the multi-disciplinary team to maximise opportunities for Service Users
- If desired by the Service User, maintain and develop relationships with family, friends and other people important in their life.
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Be a role model for other carers and be an ambassador for the service
- Be professional, polite and reasonable at all times
- Knowledge of, and work within, the Fundamental Standards
- Understand the regulatory framework that governs the service, including the role of CQC and their requirements
- Commit to achieving the relevant qualifications commensurate with the role
- Attend statutory training and any other training as directed by management
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures relevant to the role
Progression to full-time employment for the right candidate on completion of the Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship. To progress in the Health and Social Care industry and have a drive to succeed and take on further qualifications to enhance your skill set.
You will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS disclosure if you are successful at interview. The costs of the DBS are fully covered by the employer.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Organisational, written and verbal skills.
- Able to deal and manage conflict in a professional and calm manner
- Energetic, driven and positive
- Pleasant and friendly personality
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the work-based learning route
- Creative flair with attention to detail
- Punctual and reliable
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English would be beneficial, however not essential.
Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Training will take place at the employer premises