Apprentice Dispensing Assistant
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Day to day duties will include:
- Provide a fast and caring service to customers collecting prescriptions
- Giving over the counter advice
- Discussing other services available to customers
- Checking off incoming deliveries in line with delivery lists
- Collecting final check medicines from the pharmacist to hand to correct customer
- Handing prescriptions to the pharmacist
- Ordering stock
- Checking expiry dates on products and disposing of outdated products
- Checking stock levels and replenishing stock as required
- Promoting healthy lifestyles solutions
- keep pharmacy counters presentable and replenished
- Maintaining patient confidentiality at all times
Please take a note of the VAC reference number of the vacancy that you are interested in as you will be asked for this during your application.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you will need to attend an appointment with our College Curriculum team. On the next screen you will be asked to apply for the apprenticeship online. Once you have applied, you will be sent an email and a letter inviting you into the College to meet with the relevant curriculum team who will confirm that you are eligible for the apprenticeship.
If you have already applied and attended an appointment session at one of our colleges, please contact your Recruitment Advisor to discuss your interest in this specific vacancy. You do not need to apply again to the college.
The Apprenticeship Recruitment Team – BMet 0121 362 1121
Progression to level 3 for the right candidate.
As part of this apprenticeship, you will be required to travel to both the employer and also attend college Matthew Boulton. Please ensure that you have researched your travel arrangements and are happy with the time it will take and distance required to travel, before you apply for this vacancy.
- Team player
- Able to multitask
- Able to prioritise
- Aware of the meaning of confidentiality
- Good people skills
- Enthusiastic to work in the medical sector and help others
Minimum A*-C/9-4 GCSEs (or equivalent) in English, maths, and Science.
Intermediate Health Pharmacy Services Framework.
- A competence based qualification: NVQ Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills
- A knowledge based qualification: Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science
- Key or Functional Skills (if required)
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.