Apprentice Digital Technician - Advanced (Level 3)
THE TABLET ACADEMY LTD
Primary Goal Limited
Tablet Academy Ltd in Telford is looking for a hard-working, resourceful and reliable Apprentice to support our Education Consultants and Trainers. The role will involve preparing for (and supporting in) the delivery of a range of STEM workshops for Teachers and Students across the UK. The main aspects of the role will involve providing IT support, preparation of equipment (including educational technology), and working and communicating effectively with children and their teachers throughout a range of activities. The position is based in Telford with the opportunity to travel across the UK.
As part of Tablet Academy, the successful candidate will be part of highly motivated and knowledgeable team of education consultants, trainers, subject experts, and administrative staff dedicated to transforming teaching and learning inside and outside the classroom using educational technology.
Having possible direct contact with our major partners such as Acer, Asus, Dell, Google, HP, Lenovo, Microsoft, and many more, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to develop your knowledge in both IT and teaching as well as gaining a wider insight of education by working with a number of schools and other organisations such as the Royal Air Force Youth Engagement Team.
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in the transformation of teaching and learning
- You can enhance what you learn during your apprenticeship by working with a highly motivated team of exceptionally experienced and talented colleagues who are willing to share their knowledge and expertise with you
- You will have the advantage of working with teachers and students using latest educational technology
- You can develop both your IT and Teaching skills
- You will have the opportunity to use your creativity by being engaged with STEM activity development
- During your apprenticeship, you will have access to the latest Microsoft Office365 technology with the ability to install Office on your personal devices, a Tablet Academy email address, and 1TB of cloud storage
- Tablet Academy have a pension scheme for those who wish to opt in
- We pay generous travel and expenses as well as two free social activities a year (Summer and Christmas), your birthday as an extra holiday, plus a birthday and Christmas gift from the company
All of our candidates receive IAG to ensure that they perform to the very best of their abilities. This is a great opportunity to develop skills that will be perfect for a career in education and technology.
This role will involve working with children / young people.
We require someone willing to travel across the UK, with the occasional overnight stay. As such a driving license and access to a car is useful but not essential.
Given the work involved working with young children in a school setting, all offers are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Tablet Academy uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Tablet Academy is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Our commitment to this is outlined in our company code of conduct.
We are looking for a confident and talented individual who wants to be a part of a transformation in education process by supporting the training of teachers and evangelising the use of educational technology for the betterment of teaching and learning. You will need to be:
- A friendly, motivated, organised person with excellent interpersonal skills who will fit well within a group of diversely skilled individuals
- Someone who can work closely with the team and assist in the preparation of technology, and delivery of STEM events across the UK
- Someone who can learn how to support the internal company IT (managing tenancy policies, user accounts, devices etc.)
- An individual who does not mind being involved with general office administration work and other roles outside the scope of their day to day work
- A team member who can, with another staff member or alone, run a ´Bridge Club´ on-site for children (12-16) who have education engagement problems (relevant training and support will be given)
- Love of learning
- Desire to help others to learn, develop and understand
- High energy and motivation to achieve success
- Commitment towards the completion of a full Apprenticeship programme
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently under their own initiative
We are ideally looking for someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4/C or above or equivalent. However, if you consider yourself to be a strong candidate and able to achieve functional skills level 2 in English or Maths your application will still be considered.
As a Primary Goal apprentice, you will have access to:
- Comprehensive pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety and technical specifics)
- Level 3 Digital Application Technician apprenticeship standard with 15 half day face to face training sessions
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- Knowledge Base
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
- Functional Skills or GCSE English, maths and ICT if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.