The primary purpose of the role will be to update website content, including product information and images; and to produce sales reports.
There are plenty of opportunities for training and progression, developing a specialist digital marketing skillset. It is expected that the successful candidate will complete an initial apprentice qualification in the first 15 months, and then progress into a more specialist role within our marketing team.
In joining Philip Morris & Son you’ll join one of Herefordshire’s largest and fastest-growing e-commerce businesses. You will have the opportunity to shape and drive the next phase of that growth, building on our strengths as one of the longest established traditional retail businesses in the county.
As a Digital Marketing Apprentice with Philip Morris & Son your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Website content updating
- Preparing images for the website
- Cropping and resizing supplier images
- Photographing products where needed
- Product description writing and uploading
- Website and marketplaces price updates
- Preparation of content and databases for e-mail marketing
- Social media posting and management
- Competitor price comparisons
- Compiling sales data
- Addition and removal of other website content
- Research and compile content for blogs
Opportunity to progress onto a higher level apprenticeship or permanent role for the right individual.
Previous Experience: Desirable knowledge (nonessential):
- Graphic Design
- Video production and editing
- Data analysis
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Strong written English (essential)
- Competent in use of spreadsheets
- Highly accurate in handling and transposing data
- Attention to detail
- Task finisher
- Interest in digital marketing and/or technology
- Reliable attendance, good time keeper and sick record
- Professional presentation of self
- Confident verbal communicator
Minimum of 4 X GCSE’s or equivalents grade 7-4/A-C including English and maths.
Digital Marketer Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
The successful candidate will undertake a fifteen-month nationally recognised qualification through TDM
This is a work-based learning programme which will require a commitment to block weeks in a training room once every quarter working towards the qualification along with weekly off the job training and monthly coaching sessions
You will be required to demonstrate through the standard that you meet all competencies and behaviours which will lead to the achievement of the qualification.
These block weeks will take place at either of our training centres, in Birmingham or Worcester, whichever is more suitable for your location
You will have a designated mentor in the workplace to support your learning and at the end of the programme will be assessed via an external assessment body
This is a Level 3 qualification
- Knowledge modules will include:
- KM1 Principles of Coding
- KM2 Marketing Principles
- KM3 Digital Marketing Business Principles
- MTA HTML