Working as an Apprentice Digital Engineering Technician what will I be doing?
This is a new and exciting role where you will turn plans into virtual reality, creating drawings using 2D and 3D software for both pre construction and operations to demonstrate to Benx customers their technical ability as well as allowing the business to deliver projects more efficiently and profitably.
The role will involve a wide variety of experience working within an office based team.
Key Responsibilities, which you will learn as part of the apprenticeship:
- To learn existing digital platforms within the Technical Services Department
- To learn/develop new digital platforms within the Technical Services Department
- To deliver a measured level of customer service across the business
- To support the Technical Service Manager & Senior Technical Officers in their day to day responsibilities
- To continually develop digital system knowledge to an expert level
- To support and comply with the H&S policy of the business
- To learn the following digital platforms & deliver measured customer service with each
- AutoCAD - Development and maintain technical details on all façade systems.
- BIM Revit - Develop and maintain BIM offer to ISO 19650 & BIM Level 2
- Solidworks - Produce 3D graphic models.
- Physibel Solido - Calculate 3D steady state heat transfer in objects of any shape
- BuildDesk - Calculate 2D thermal models
- CGI Software - Building graphic images
- BREVe - Calculate façade wind loading
- Visio - Produce workflow templates
- Take off software.
- Document control software.
- To develop knowledge of façade construction and technical performance.
- Interface with supply chain to maintain workflows on façade offer.
- Communicate with internal/external customers to provide system technical support.
- To assist with digital literature production with system details.
- To assist in testing and innovation
About the team – The successful candidate will work alongside the Group Technical Director, Technical Services Manager, Innovation Manager, Senior Technical Officer, Technical Officer, Group Site Support Manager, 2 x Site Inspection Managers and Technical Administrator.
This is very much the start of an exciting career in the construction industry with wide ranging prospects which may span a number of roles.
Options include Technical Assistant, Technical Officer and Senior Technical Officer.
- This apprenticeship will involve personal study outside work
- A career in construction may involve being based on projects in various locations
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Very good IT skills
- Some knowledge of graphic design
- Excellent communication skills (telephone and interpersonal)
- Customer service skills
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet service need
- Desire to work in construction
- Logical mind
- Able to work under pressure
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Desire to develop digital knowledge in the construction industry
- Confidence to develop good relationships with clients, colleagues, external bodies
- Ability to learn
- Ability to challenge
- Excellent customer focus to internal and external customers
- Willing to learn, initiate and develop efficient working systems
- Willing to undertake any necessary training and development that will enhance personal/work performance
- Able to work unsupervised within a multi-functional department environment
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and prioritise customer needs
- Well-spoken, polite, pleasant, confident manner
- Able to deal with difficult telephone calls and enquiries from customer
- Flexible approach to work hours
- Smart appearance
- To be happy and enjoy the workplace
3 A levels – A* to C (Preferably maths, English, Design & or Science based) or similar equivalent.
- Digital Engineering Technician Standard
- Functional Skills if required
The apprentice will receive 2-3 week intense “work ready” BIM training. NVQ on site Assessment every 8 weeks, and BTEC (Block on site delivery) for 2 weeks bimonthly.