What will the apprentice be doing?
• Production of engineering 2D detailed drawings from 3D CAD models
• Assisting project engineers in the production of all project documentation
• Translate engineering requirements from specifications into fully detailed designs
• Validate designs through simple calculations and analysis
• Ensure that designs conform to company standards.
• Produce accurate manufacturing information (Parts Lists, Bills of Materials, etc.).
• Managing engineering changes to drawings
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Engineering Design and Draughtsperson (Mechanical)
- Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
- Delivery of In-House Competency Training Plan (Skills).
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering
- Competence - Product Design and Development
- Delivery of Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing
- Engineering (AME) (Knowledge).
- Level 2 Functional Skills (if not exempt)
- End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for progression into a full time Design Engineer, prospective world-wide travel for installation and, with time and experience, the potential to become Senior Engineer.
Reality CheckThe successful candidate will have an enthusiasm to learn and a desire to work in a challenging field as a mechanical engineer. You will also be able to maintain a flexible attitude and approach to changing priorities and requirements.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Presentation skills, Number skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Keen interest in Engineering
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Min five GCSE's Inc ENg, Maths, Sci (Grade 5-9 (C-A*)) Essential